Sunday, June 23, 2013

Homemade Strawberry and Banana Pouch Filling

Last week one of my good friends and I took our children to pick strawberries!   I came home and  I made up this batch of puree for my little girls reusable pouches.  We all know how expensive pouches can be.  Most are $1 and up which can bring your grocery bill up dramatically.

Here is how I did it: (pretty basic)

3 cups of fresh strawberries
3 bananas
1/4 cup water (may or may not need this much)

You will need blender or hand immersion blender like I used.



First I started with fresh picked strawberries and cut the stems off.  Give them a good bath in water and then drain them.

Next, you will need to peel your bananas and I sliced mine to make it easier to blend.

Place the bananas and water in a large bowl.  Puree until all chunks are gone.  Add your strawberries a little at a time as to not over crowd your bowl. 
I pureed until all chunks were gone since I was going to be filling the pouches.

The next part is a little comical but I had left over breast milk storage bags and figured I would get some use out of them.  I used them to fill and freeze my mixture!


I used a funnel and a clean cup to fill my bags and pouches with and as you can see I still made a little mess! I stored the extra's in the freezer so we can pull out as needed.

And Wa-La that's it.  Pretty simple.  You could do this with any fruit combo or veggie for that matter.  The only difference would be cooking of some items.  

My little one is used to the multi-flavored pouches so I am working on coming up with other recipes.

I would love to hear what others have tried! 

~Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!