I have to admit with my cloth diaper obsession that I have been stalking Green Line Diapers for a while now. They requested bloggers to review their diapers, and I jumped at the chance! I am happy to tell you how much I love it!
We received this super cute ballerina print cover! My daughter is 19 months now and she loves putting it on (maybe because I have taught her to turn around like a ballerina)!
Just a little note about the company from their website:
"We are a small family consisting of me, my husband and our 3 year old daughter. We live on a small island in British Columbia, Canada. Both my husband and I are equally involved in our home business - we both are home full time not only raising our daughter but also busy sewing cloth diapers for others to love!"
Now on to the details:
The diapers are a two part system; a cover that consists of breathable waterproof material and a cotton outer layer. The second part is a single layer bamboo cotton insert that you fold, so it has 6 layers to put inside the cover. This was my first experience using a cover and prefold. This may be why I was even more excited to try out Green Line Diapers!
Here is a great video from Green Line Diapers on how to fold the insert into a Airplane fold: Video from Green Line Diapers
- Breathable waterproof covers -(No PUL) The waterproof barrier is made from a material called Ultrex. Some kiddies are have sensitivities to PUL so this is a great alternative!
- Drawstring adjustable at leg -This makes the diaper fully adjustable from birth to potty train.
- Hook and loop closure-I love this especially at night! We use hook and loop at night when little girl was waking to feed and needed a quick diaper change in the dark; it was much easier than snaps! One thing I will say is the hook and loop is very sticky so the chances of her getting if off during the day are pretty slim!
- Fold down back-This would be great for smaller babies who have the pooplosion! I would imagine you unfold it for smaller kiddies. Since little girl doesn't have that to worry about we folded it down and it just adds a cute pink trim on the top.
Through my experience, I found a couple things to be cautious of:
- Make sure you do not tighten the string too tight! I did this and little girl had terrible marks on her legs! After that, I adjusted it for the correct size!
- I would make sure at nap time that I put on shorts if she was wearing a sun dress, because little girl did try to play with the strings a little.
Other than those two things we loved everything about the diaper. I particularly love that it is breathable! I just wish I had more of the inserts so I could get more use out of it! I am definitely going to have to order some!
There is a great tutorial on how to fold the diaper and insert on Green Line Diapers website.
You can connect with Green Line Diapers the following ways:
Purchase from their Website: http://www.greenlinediaper.com/
Have you used Green Line Diapers before? I would love to hear other feedback!