Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Green Line Diapers Review


I have to admit with my cloth diaper obsession that I have been stalking Green Line Diapers for a while now.  They requested bloggers to review their diapers, and I jumped at the chance!  I am happy to tell you how much I love it!


We received this super cute ballerina print cover!  My daughter is 19 months now and she loves putting it on (maybe because I have taught her to turn around like a ballerina)!


Just a little note about the company from their website:


"We are a small family consisting of me, my husband and our 3 year old daughter. We live on a small island in British Columbia, Canada. Both my husband and I are equally involved in our home business - we both are home full time not only raising our daughter but also busy sewing cloth diapers for others to love!"
 
Now on to the details:
 
The diapers are a two part system; a cover that consists of breathable waterproof material and a cotton outer layer.  The second part is a single layer bamboo cotton insert that you fold, so it has 6 layers to put inside the cover.  This was my first experience using a cover and prefold.  This may be why I was even more excited to try out Green Line Diapers!

Here is a great video from Green Line Diapers on how to fold the insert into a Airplane fold:  Video from Green Line Diapers

 
Features
  • Breathable waterproof covers -(No PUL) The waterproof barrier is made from a material called Ultrex.  Some kiddies are have sensitivities to PUL so this is a great alternative!
  • Drawstring adjustable at leg -This makes the diaper fully adjustable from birth to potty train.
 

  • Hook and loop closure-I love this especially at night!  We use hook and loop at night when little girl was waking to feed and needed a quick diaper change in the dark; it was much easier than snaps!  One thing I will say is the hook and loop is very sticky so the chances of her getting if off during the day are pretty slim!
 
  • Fold down back-This would be great for smaller babies who have the pooplosion! I would imagine you unfold it for smaller kiddies.  Since little girl doesn't have that to worry about we folded it down and it just adds a cute pink trim on the top.
 
 
Through my experience, I found a couple things to be cautious of: 
  1. Make sure you do not tighten the string too tight!  I did this and little girl had terrible marks on her legs!  After that, I adjusted it for the correct size!
  2. I would make sure at nap time that I put on shorts if she was wearing a sun dress, because little girl did try to play with the strings a little. 
Other than those two things we loved everything about the diaper.  I particularly love that it is breathable!  I just wish I had more of the inserts so I could get more use out of it!  I am definitely going to have to order some!
 
There is a great tutorial on how to fold the diaper and insert on Green Line Diapers website.
 
You can connect with Green Line Diapers the following ways:
 
 
Purchase from their Website:  http://www.greenlinediaper.com/
 
Have you used Green Line Diapers before?  I would love to hear other feedback! 
 
Miranda

 

17 comments:

  1. Okay, the ballerina print is BEYOND adorable. I hope you get more covers and prefolds since you enjoyed your first experience with it! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I hope so too! I have a few diapers babykicks, a WAHM that need covers to be waterproof so I am getting more use out of those now! :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the print!!! And how genius are those drawstrings? Seriously, that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is adorable isn't it?! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I have a boy, but that print is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have cute boys prints too Raina! They do custom orders! :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. I have tried Green Line before but it confused my husband. I've regretted selling it ever since. It was so cute and I love their soaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah hubby was a little confused too!

      Delete
  5. Very cute print. The drawstring idea is ... smart .. but I just don't see it holding up in the long term. I hope that the brand comes up with a more elegant way of adjusting the legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see how it holds up...I am using it quite often now! Thank you for reading Bianca!

      Delete
    2. I have covers that I have used for about 20 months now and the draw strings are still holding up. There are many covers that go through two or three or four different babies and they still look great as long as care is taken with maintaining them. One thing I definitely recommend for these covers is to allow them to hang dry instead of throwing them in the dryer.

      Delete
    3. They holds up wonderfully, They have been making green lines for 4 years now and never had an issue with the cords not holding up :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the information ladies! Ours is doing wonderfully! I always am sure to hang it dry as well! :)

      Delete
  6. We have used Green Line Diapers exclusively since our son who is now 28 months old, was about 8 months. We loved them so much that we sold most of our other diapers and bought a stash for both of our children. The prints are adorable, the diapers are great and really do grow with your children! We LOVE Green Line Diapers and are excited for our next little one to get here so we can diaper another butt with these amazing diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have used greenlines since our little one was 2 months and she is not !7 months. I love them, no PUL perfect fit for every child every time and so so adorable. I will say mama, don't worry about shorts, she cant hurt the strings and they cant hurt her. They are my little ones comfort zone, when she gets nervous she twirls her strings around her fingers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too cute! Yes she loves the diaper! I am not too worried about them! :)

      Delete
  8. I have not tried cloth diapers but I have friends that use them. Your review was great, and i wish i had thought about cloth diapers when mine were little

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!