Thursday, September 26, 2013

Patience

Do you ever just have one of those days...you know when you are trying to get something done and all little ones want to do is make a mess?  Well, if you don't then you may be telling a fib?!  I try to be patient but often times I forget to stop and pray about it.  In the moment everything seems like it is going all wrong and I am not getting MY way!  I sound like a toddler myself don't I?!

I had to look into the WORD, God's word and have Him remind me just how important patience is.  It is one of the fruits of the Spirit. 

In Galatians 5:22-25  we see all of the fruits we as Christians are supposed to possess.  Love is the greatest. 

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

What does that mean Fruit of the Spirit?  I had to dig deeper into this.  I have always heard it and read it but I asked God to open my heart and let me in on more.   It is letting the Holy Spirit (which God gives us when we ask him to be our savior and come into our hearts) guide us and is working in us to make a life more pleasing to God.

God is alive and is the same today tomorrow and always.  We can always ask him for forgiveness if we had one of those days.  I am so thankful that he shows mercy and grace to me.  I mess up so many times but he is gracious and forgives us when we ask for forgiveness.

I have said it before but I am far from perfect all we can do is ask God to show us the right way and help us to be more like Him. 

I get so frustrated on little things sometimes I have to take a step back and realize that what I am getting upset about really doesn't matter!  So what if I have to re-fold clothes, clean the bathroom again, etc.  Whatever it is you can get over it and ask God to help you be more patient!

I know I always want to be the perfect parent but I hope I am not alone and the only one who gets those days?!

Much Love to you all!!

Miranda :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!