Sunday, September 8, 2013

With the Hope of Jesus Christ You Can Endure!

I want to share with you all the story of Heather Von St. James, she is a mesothelioma survivor.  She contacted me and wanted me to share her story with you all of hope. 

When her daughter was 3 1/2 months old she was diagnosed with this life threating cancer and she was given 15 months to live.

 Heather told me in her words,  "My prognosis was grim but I knew that I needed to beat the odds for my newborn daughter, Lily.  It’s been 7 years now and I feel that it is my duty to pay it forward and inspire others."

She wants to encourage others going through any battle especially cancer that there is a hope you can cling to.   Heather wants to raise awareness by sharing a video with us about this rare and little known cancer.  You can view it in the link below.

Heather's story

Heather wants to inspire others and her wish is if she can encourage just one person she is happy!

I am glad for Heather that she overcame this deadly disease.  I thank her for wanting me to share it with you all. 

My own thoughts are there is a hope that everyone can cling to not only in sickness and death but in everyday joy and happiness!  That is the hope of Jesus Christ.  Without that hope in your heart you have nothing.  I leave you with words from the Living God.

Psalm 25:5
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 31:24
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
 
Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
 

Romans 5

New International Version (NIV)

Peace and Hope

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

You can connect with Heather on Facebook.  I am sure if you have questions for her she will be more than happy to help you especially if you are suffering or know someone who is from this cancer!

Thank you for reading!

Miranda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!