Wednesday, October 23, 2013

How do you teach your child about Jesus?

In everyday life do you make it a priority to include your faith in your child's upbringing?

I was reminded tonight how much our kids are sponges and as our pastor put it we are not!

On the way to church little girl was singing deep and wide then started saying our names, mommy, daddy, Annabelle, Jesus!  Yes!  I haven't heard her say it too much she just started talking where we could mostly understand her but it was such a joy to hear! 

I do get side tracked sometimes but other times we have Pandora on the Jesus loves me station or I let her watch tv while we eat breakfast on Smile of a Child network (we have a roku player).  Don't get me wrong I do let her watch other shows too but we do limit the tv.

We try and read Bible stories and sing songs but I have to ask myself...Am I living it out in my daily actions and life all together?

We have been watching old seasons of the Dugger Family on Netflix and I so wish I had the patience that Michelle does.  I have been praying about it and pray that God does a work in me to make me more patient! 

Just as my pastor said tonight Jesus loved the little children and rebuked the disciples for the way they acted towards them.  They are the next generation and we should teach them young while they are still sponges because one day they will be like us and growing out the sponge stage.

I leave you with this passage:

 Luke 18:15-17
[ The Little Children and Jesus ] People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Luke 18:14-18 (in Context) Luke 18 (Whole Chapter)

What do you do in your daily routine teaching your child that others may want to include in their daily walk?

<3 Miranda

Photo from http://www.diversitychristianfellowship.com/online/kidzone/coloring.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!