Thursday, October 3, 2013

What Does The Word Faith Mean?

I finally asked off from work for all Wednesday nights from now on so I can be with my family at church.  In saying that, last night our Pastor was preaching and spoke about Faith and asked us what it really meant.

I honestly had to think then another one of our members spoke and answered.  "It meant believing that Jesus died on the cross, was buried, and rose again!"  When you believe that you have the this Faith that the Bible talks about.

Faith in the bible is defined in Hebrews 11

Hebrews 11:1

New King James Version (NKJV)

By Faith We Understand

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

So in my interpretation it is believing in God even though we can not see him physically.  So holding on to this Faith we can endure.

I believe that our world is going to change here soon.  I do not know when but just as the government is starting to shut down this may lead a downward spiral and eventually persecution for the Church.  But we know that our God is in control and will take care of his people.  I have many thoughts on this but I wont go into much more detail. 

I believe that we need to get our hearts right with the Lord and start sharing him with others.  We can do this simply by our actions.  Take our beliefs and put them to action.  I am speaking to myself too!  One way is to simply love others. 

What other ways can we share our Faith with others?

I would love to hear your thoughts!  I know personally I truly need to work on this especially at work and around those who are unsaved. 

In love,

Miranda :)

2 comments:

I love reading your comments!