Soft Banana Bars for Toddlers
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1T Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil
- 2T Applesauce
- 1 cup Old fashioned Oats
- 1 T Wheat Germ
- 1T Flax Meal
- 1 teaspoon Honey (optional)
- sprinkle of cinnamon optional
- Turn your oven to 350, then line a 8 inch square dish with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, using a whisk beat the banana until it mashes up well.
- Next, add the egg, coconut oil and applesauce mix well
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Evenly spread the mixture into your pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes *until it is set but not overly done. I made these intentionally soft for my little girl. *I used my convection toaster oven as to not heat the whole house so cooking times may vary in regular conventional ovens.
- Carefully remove the bars and let the pan cool.
- After they have cooled place the mixture on a cutting board for easy cutting you can use a pizza cutter. Cut them into 15 mini bars. You may freeze these to last longer or refrigerate.
Being new to coconut oil, I searched on the Tropical Traditions website to gather more information about it! I actually found out they sell more than just the Gold Label coconut oil. They carry tons of snacks and even detergents and household cleaners!
I was wondering myself what exactly is virgin coconut oil and how is it made and what else you can use it for. You can go here to find out more information.
I replaced the butter in this recipe with the coconut oil and you can see here the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil: http://coconutoil.com
You can see a video here on how Tropical Traditions discovered coconut oil:
What I was so impressed with after visiting there site was that the owner is a Christian. And you can see his story on the side page of their website! That is encouraging that another believer would put their testimony right on their site!
Now for the awesome giveaway! Tropical Traditions is giving away the same size bottle of their Gold Label coconut oil to one of my readers! There is one mandatory entry to sign up for their newsletter. After that you may enter as many entries as you like!
The giveaway is open to US and Canada! Canadian winner will be required to fulfill a skills test upon winning. And you must be 18 or older to enter please. The winner will be emailed after the giveaway is over and will have 48 hours to respond with the information needed or another winner will be drawn. Be sure and enter with the email address you check often! If you have any questions feel free to contact me!
Now enter away!
This post contains referral links: If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.