Thursday, February 6, 2014

Granola Recipe



I have been wanting to share my (and my sisters) granola recipe with you all but just really have forgot!  I had a former co-worker ask me for it and I made it myself yesterday and I just have to share it its that good!

Now for the recipe:

Dry Mixture
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup flax seeds

Wet mixture
1/3 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil (or any oil)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1tsp. vanilla


Directions:
-Turn oven to 300

-Mix dry ingredients together then bake on two cookie sheets lined with either parchment or a silpat.

-Stir every 5 mins or so...(You don't want it to burn)

-Next, dump dry ingredients in big bowl-add wet ingredients the coconut oil will be chunky but its okay it will melt as soon as you add it!

-Place mixture on cookie sheets and bake for 10-15 mins more until you think its dried out a little

After it has cooled on the pans transfer to a container and seal for freshness!


Note:  I did not have almonds on hand so I just substituted another kind of nuts its really up to you!  Also, the parchment is much easier to pour from the pans!


Now time to enjoy on some yogurt is my favorite way with fresh strawberries!



If you try it let me know how you liked it!

Thanks for reading!

-Miranda :)




This post contains referral links:  If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.




This post is linked with Nomday Monday with some other great bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! My daughter has some tree nut allergies but can eat almonds so I love finding recipes like this that can be tailored to what she can eat. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Keara! Yes you can sub anything for them! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!