Friday, June 6, 2014

I wish I knew you better Daddy...

I write these words with a heavy heart...

I wish I knew you better Daddy...

I wish when I was growing up I could remember times together...But all I have is pictures...and faint memories of fishing...

I wish you had given up drinking to be with your family...

But you didn't...

I wish I knew who you were when you were younger but you never told me stories...

I wish you could show me how to run the tractor and plant a garden like you used to...

But you are too tired from cancer treatments...

I wish you had been there for me more when I needed a daddy...

A void that no one can fill except the Heavenly Father...

I wish now that you had a voice and could make up for all of the times we had nothing to talk about...

Now it is too late and your voice has been taken...

And now your mind is not all there...

Even now I still don't know you...

And it makes my heart so so sad...

I am so thankful for a God who saves...

Because now you have said you believe and trust in Him...

So even though you can't talk now only through written words your soul will go to heaven if you do not beat cancer...

I love you Daddy...



This post was written in hopes that if you are a parent or have one like mine you will find that it is never too late to reconnect and I encourage you to do so before it is too late and your time on earth is gone.   Also, if you do not know Jesus as your personal Savior and friend then I encourage you to ask Him in your heart so that you may know Joy and Peace that only He offers.


Romans 5

6.  You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

7.  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.

8.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.





1 comment:

  1. So sad. I too did not know my father but the circumstances were different, my father was murdered when I was an infant. I wish I had known him. My mom never talked about him, she would only say he was a good man and that he loved us. I guess it was to hard of a subject for her. All my hopes of learning anything about my father died with my mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!