Tuesday, June 3, 2014

PiperWai Natural Deodorant Review



Photo courtesy of PiperWai




For review purposes I was sent a product in exchange for my own personal opinion.


I made the change sometime last year probably to switch from mainstream deodorants to natural after looking up the rating on the EWG.org for most of the ones you can get in a store.  My problem however is I feel like I have to re-apply every so often or I find I have certain sensitivities to some brands and can not figure out what ingredient is causing reactions.

My sister was telling me about PiperWai and actually she ordered her first jar when I got mine to review.  

Just a little about PiperWai and how they got started from their website:  

Jess and Sarah have been business partners ever since they sold lemonade the summer after 4th grade at a park in Philadelphia. Over the years, they've remained close friends, frequently discussing their paradoxical desire to live a more natural lifestyle in a hectic urban environment.

After reading about the potentially harmful effects of her conventional antiperspirant and disappointed by the yellow stains its aluminum content caused on a cherished blouse, Jess decided she needed to make a change in her underarm regimen. However, she quickly realized that existing natural deodorants and popular DIY recipes online either didn't work, easily melted, or turned her sensitive skin bright red. Jess set out to create the perfect natural deodorant for herself. Six months and about a hundred test batches later, she gave the final product to Sarah to try during a service trip in South America.

After realizing what a great product they had they decided to go into business!

My review:  

When I received my jar I couldn't wait to try it out!  I was still working at the restaurant so I figured I would go ahead and take the plunge and try it out there at a sweaty night of work.  I applied maybe a pea size amount to each pit after getting out of the shower and to my surprise I didn't stink after working a shift.  

Since then we are in 80 plus degree days outside now and it is still working great.  I have had my jar for almost a month and its not even half way down the jar.  I was a little skeptical of trying a new natural product because many I have tried I kept having to reapply after a few hours and this one is not the case.  I can even wake up and just reapply in the morning because lets face it I don't get a shower everyday! 

Other things that I like:

  • The ingredients-Cassava (Tapioca) Starch, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Magnesium Oxide, Butryospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Rosewater, Witch Hazel, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Bicarbonate, Activated Carbon (Charcoal), Proprietary Blend of 11 Essential Oils
  • Great for sensitive skin (like mine)
  • You aren't putting toxic chemicals under your arms!


Overall, if you are looking for a natural deodorant and you want to make the change I highly recommend PiperWai!  

You can order PiperWai on their website here for just 9.99 and you can connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.  




6 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you can't connect to their website to order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It looks like the link has been updated I will fix it thank you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I just ordered 2 to try I hope they work as well as others cause I a have tried so many natural ones in the past with dismill results at best except maybe for Lavilin one.. Thank you for your wonderful reviews and time and effort to guide people...

      Delete
    4. Sounds good let me know how you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. I saw the Piperwai episode on Shark Tank and got a bit excited until the price of the product was mentioned. Then I calmed and asked myself if I really wanted to pay that much when my present deodorant is so much cheaper and is working at about 95% effectiveness- depending on how much I use. I use baking soda. Admittedly it is a bit messy but if applied in the shower stall it is no big deal. I have found a light dusting of baking soda works in all the body's nooks and crannies.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!