Saturday, September 20, 2014

Our Nursing Journey and Bravado Nursing Bras

As I talked about in my post about Baby M's birth story we had a rocky beginning as far as nursing goes because she swallowed fluid when coming out from the c-section.  You can read our story here in case you missed it!

When we did get to nurse it seemed so easy but I did have a lactation nurse right there to make sure her latch was good.  I learned from the first time two years ago how important the latch was.  The first week of Toddler A's life I had to pump and use shields because of how broken and bleeding my nips were!

A few things that I feel helped this time were I drank Organic Milk Maid Tea from Earth Mama Baby Angel each day in the hospital I drank only two bags and my milk came in the second day!  I also was sure to get hot oatmeal with a banana each morning in the hospital. As well as, my sister had given me some nursing cream to apply that was lanolin free and I feel that it worked great for me so I passed it on to another friend who was getting ready to give birth!

Once Baby M was in my room and we were able to nurse freely I did have another lactation nurse check our latch again before leaving the hospital (last time I had to return after discharge for help).  She was latching great and we are going strong!  She has gained weight pretty fast she is a little chunk now and our newborn diapers only lasted a month.  So I would say mama's milk came in just fine!

Review
Bravado sent me two bras and a nursing tank to try out and I wanted to share my experience with you and I have given my honest opinion.


The first one was THE BODY SILK SEAMLESS NURSING BRA in the color Jungle Berry.  While this selection was a few months ago (before I was lactating) so they have new vibrant colors now!



What I like about this style:

-Easy to snap down and back with one hand.  Great when you are holding your little one in the other :)!

-Love the color

-Comfortable to wear all day and all night (I sleep in a nursing bra and pads to prevent leaking)

-The bra has removable foam pads to prevent from seeing the cloth pads I wear!

-A proprietary Bra Conversion Kit (BCK) is included so you can convert your nursing bra to a regular bra when you are finished nursing to get the most for your money!



Things I found out after having Baby M:

-My boobs grew (A LOT)

-The bra made my boobs squish together like a uni-boob...for bigger chested women such as myself I would probably need a bigger size.  I had an XL and this is the biggest option.

Other than that I love the bra the feel and ease of using it!


The other style I received was The Confetti Nursing Bra.



What I like about this style:

-Easy to snap down and back up with one hand.

-Cute style with a little ribbon in the center with lace v-neck

-Wire free so easy to wear all day and night

What I did not care so much for was once again, my boobs grew much larger after my milk coming in.  With this style being an XL I also had a uni-boob.  So for me this works best at night because if I am up all day cleaning etc. I can't stand them feeling like that!


Lastly, I received The Essential Nursing Tank



What I like about the tank is that you can just slip it on under other shirts and while in public you can simply lift up one shirt and no one see's your stomach!

The clip is different on this one so it is a circle and fits under the hole.  It took me a few times to remember how to snap back especially when trying to get everything back in!

I find that this was comfortable while I was pregnant and after while nursing.  It it long enough to feel more covered especially the first few weeks after giving birth.

The only drawback for me is that I have rather large hips so it does tend to sneak up.  I am not sure how this would be fixed since it is a stretchy material but overall I do love the features of it!

You can see my review of The Bravado Essentials Embrace Nursing Bra here.

I love that Medela and Bravado have teamed up because I do have two Medela bra's from my first born that I really like to wear still.  I also like that there is a video teaching you how to correctly measure to find the size you need, because that is so important!

Connect with Bravado on their website, Facebook and Twitter!

Thank you for reading and I would love hearing from you!  How long did you breastfeed or plan to?  I did 15 months with my toddler and plan to do around the same or as long as Baby M would like to!  Also, what do you look for in a good nursing bra?

*All pictures are from Bravado's website...I did not feel you would want to see my bosoms :) I also didn't want to show them!

All opinions are truly my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!