Monday, September 15, 2014

ZAO Organic Makeup Review

Have you heard of ZAO Organic makeup?  Let me introduce you!

ZAO Organic Makeup is an eco-luxury makeup brand made in Italy from 100% natural ingredients.  Their products are "organic, chemical-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free, vegan and internationally certified by the most prestigious worldwide agencies."  This is beauty brand with a conscience whose products are sustainably crafted.  90% of their products are available in reusable bamboo packaging, which is both economical and chic.  This allows you to purchase a refill with a discount of 25-45% off!  Who doesn't love a good deal?!

ZAO sent me three of their products to review: green concealer, matifying cooked powder luminous complexion, and silk foundation.  





The green concealer is formulated to cover redness.   I tend to have redness on my nose and cheeks and this definitely helped to cancel it out.  The texture is smooth and I love that it comes in a lipstick tube for easy application.  I simply dot or draw a line where I had redness and blend it in with my finger.  I haven't used a colored concealer before this, but I loved the results.


The silk foundation comes in 6 shades and I was sent Ivory 701 to try.  This is quite possibly the best natural foundation I have tried so far.  I love the creamy consistency and I would say it provides a medium coverage.  It felt as though I was not wearing makeup, yet my skin tone looked even.  This foundation also lasts all day, and it doesn't become cake-y or greasy.  I think it performs well, especially for being a natural product.


The matifying cooked powder luminous complexion (346) is another great product.  I enjoyed using it alone and over the foundation for more coverage.  This is perfect for those days when you're in a hurry and need a little something to even out and brighten up your skin.  It provided a nice matte finish, a good amount of coverage, and leaves the skin glowing.  It felt weightless and allowed my skin to breathe. For very fair skin, it can be used on the cheek bones instead of all over the face.




Swatches from top to bottom: Matifying cooked powder, Green concealer, Silk foundation.
Here, the green concealer is dotted on the right side of my face and blended in on my left side. This is real life, folks.  No filter so you can see actual results :)  I should have applied a little under my eyes, but you get the idea.

This is with the concealer blended in and the foundation applied.

The result of using all three products combined!  I finished it off with a little mascara and clear gloss (a different brand).


Overall, I am impressed with everything I tried from ZAO!  The products are high quality, easy to use and perform really well.  They also offer more face products and a wide variety of products for eyes and lips!  Be sure to connect with them on facebook and twitter!  

ZAO has generously offered a discount code for you to try their products!  Enter ZAO914 at checkout to receive 15% off!


I was sent these products in exchange for my personal opinion.  All thoughts are my own!

-Ginger



1 comment:

  1. I tried the chocolate bronzer compact. Really liked the makeup, there is no orange - I have warm skin (yellow undertone),medium, mature & sensitive skin. The chocolate would work for probably most any skin tone depending on how heavy you apply. What I don't like is the compact packaging. The lid just sits on top - no rubber seal, no snap. I dropped mine & the compact contents were one pile of powder on the floor - nothing could be salvaged. It does come with a tiny drawstring bag to place the compact inside, but I'm not that type of person who wants more steps to do. The container(s) are not user friendly for those who don't have counter space or a makeup vanity to keep their stuff on. I use a makeup bag and I travel.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!