Sunday, October 5, 2014

Cloth Diaper Safe Rash Creams: Comparison

I'm the type who likes to try every option before deciding what I like best.  In this case, I'm talking about diaper rash creams.  Below are ones I have tried and I'm writing this to do a little comparison of brands to help you decide what is best for your needs!



Grandma El's
This one is great for creating a barrier.  We had a little bit of a nasty diaper rash a while back either from using hotel washers or eating banana and this was my go-to cream.  It's similar in consistency to petrolatum jelly without the harmful effects.  It allows your skin breathe and doesn't act as a film of plastic over it!  It's available in a tub or tube.



Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
I LOVE how this balm is scented!  With an olive oil base, it definitely has a thinner consistency than others and almost seems to absorb when applied.  We didn't really have a rash to speak of when we used this, so I can't say how great it is for clearing a rash.  I think it is perfect for keeping the tush moisturized and it's packed with healing and organic ingredients.  It's available in a tub.



CJ's BUTTer
I have only tried CJ's in the tea tree and lavender scent and it's one of my top contenders for sure.  It has a perfect creamy consistency that doesn't seem to disappear on contact and keeps everything nice and supple!  It's available in a stick and a tub.



Eco Sprout Bottom Balm
I had a sample size tin and I enjoyed the scent (from a blend of essential oils), but the texture was a little lumpy.  I'm not sure if it is normally that way, or it became too hot and re-solidified.  It was a sort of a pain having to take the extra time to rub in all of the little balls (I'm guessing the beeswax?).  It's also available in a stick.



Bee Green Naturals Cocobum
This one is creamy and fluffy- almost whipped.  It has a coconut oil base, so if you like using plain coconut oil, but need something better- try this.  I had the Natural Vanilla Mint scent, but it's available in many more scents.



Grovia Magic Stick
I have a sample size chapstick tube version of this stick.  I prefer to keep it in the diaper bag so I don't have to get my fingers dirty when I'm out and about.  It provides a thin protective film.

*Something to note on almost all natural diaper rash creams:  the consistency could change depending on the weather.  When it's cooler they tend to be more firm, and vice versa.

What is your favorite go to diaper cream?  Would love to hear if you have found one that you love!

*All products mentioned were purchased by me and this is my very own opinion and I was not compensated for this post.

-Ginger :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!