Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chocolate Truffle Disks

Here is a quick and simple recipe for when a sweet tooth strikes, which let's face it, is every day.


Ingredients you most likely have on hand:

1/2 c Coconut Oil
1/4 c Cocoa Powder (OR PB2- it's a powdered peanut butter.  I haven't tried this yet, but if you do- let me know!)
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1/3 Vanilla Bean OR 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Toppings of choice- No need to measure, just sprinkle as much or as little as you like!:
Nuts
Coconut
Dried fruit
Cocoa nibs
Seeds

The possibilities are endless!  I used almonds and coconut this time for a healthy almond joy-esque treat.



Melt the coconut oil.  Add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla of choice.   I like to use an immersion blender to mix it, but if you don't have one of those a food processor would work.  Whisking by hand is a last resort if you must.  Blend until it's a beautiful homogenous mixture!

Pour in molds of choice (I like silicone for ease of popping out).  Sprinkle on toppings.

Let set in fridge.

Pop out and eat.

 {As you can see, they were still a little cold from being in the fridge.  I prefer to let them sit out at room temp before eating so they soften up a bit.}







I hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to let us know if you make them!

-Ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!