Monday, July 13, 2015

J.R. Liggett's Natural Bar Shampoo Review






I received a product in exchange for my honest opinion.

I have been trying to buy or make my own natural bath and body products for a while now, but seem to have trouble finding a natural way to wash my hair.  My sister gave me a shampoo bar for my birthday last year.  Ever since then I have not looked into getting another container of shampoo, but rather I prefer washing with a simple bar!

When I ran out of the one she had given me I went to a local co-op and purchased the one from J.R.Liggett.  I loved it so much that I wrote to them and they sent me more to review!  Before trying shampoo bars I was really skeptical; the idea of a bar on my hair seemed weird.

I was sent the Shaving Foam, and a set of two Original Bars with a Wooden Shelf.
The Shaving Foam has a foams well, but I rarely shave my legs so I ended up letting my husband try it for shaving his head.  He said it had a good feel and did a great job.  In my opinion, the scent is slightly masculine.  There are no detergents or SLS which makes it great for anyone to use!

I was so happy to get the wooden shelf to keep my soap from melting away in the shower.  Along with it was two of the Original Shampoo Bars.  The ingredient list is a mere seven ingredients!  All made from natural oils and GMO free.



What I like about this bar:

-Lathers up very well.  Simply wet your hair then wet the bar and apply bar straight to hair.

-No need for conditioner in most hair.  For me, however, being around a wood heater and a very dry winter required applying conditioner once a week.

-One bar lasts approximately the same amount as a 24oz bottle of shampoo.  So for me using one bar every day it lasted about two months.

-Having natural ingredients it makes my hair very soft and manageable.

-It is great to travel with and they even have a travel pouch available

You can purchase from their website and can find it in some stores.  Also you may connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.

Overall, I am very pleased with the original bar and would love to try the others offered especially the Virgin Coconut and Argan Oil bar!  I'm glad I took the leap and tried something out of the box- or bottle in this case, and I will probably never buy a bottle of shampoo again.

Have you tried shampoo bars before?  If not, what are you waiting for?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!